Monday, November 2, 2015

The family is complete

How time flies. My daughter is growing up so quickly and this evening, she came home with her second set of class photos. Last year was play-group class, and this year it's pre-nursery class. And here, she's proudly showcasing her photos to her baby sister. By the way, we shaved our baby girl a week ago.


MIL tried to make space in the display cabinet for her photos to be displayed, and took out these little plushies that have been around for a long time. My girl took them to my room and played with them.


I bought these for my hubby when we were dating, but I couldn't remember when it happened. So I searched through my old old blog which I wrote about our dating times and found this.


These plushies were bought on 6 January 2007. Now, just like this family of little kawaii tortoise angels, our family is complete. There are always some days when I'm terribly unhappy about my hubby and I get super frustrated and I didn't even want to talk about it because I refused to talk to him. Sometimes I feel he's horribly selfish and I dunno what I got myself into by marrying a man like that. And sometimes I'm mad that he's falling sick so often yet he doesn't take care of himself like a responsible adult. While other fathers set a good example to eat a well-balanced meal, he hates vegetables and loves coca cola. While other fathers bring the family out for excursions over the weekends, he naps more than the girls and I always end up struggling to handle them alone. He plays games excessively, and spends minimal time interacting with his family. He's not setting a good example for our girls. I know I shouldn't be comparing as I'm making myself even more upset. (actually I shouldn't be complaining so much... he's improving afterall and I should be grateful) But I also constantly remind myself that he's fine. He really is. If I really have to compare, there are really bad husbands out there, and he's definitely not like them. He works for the family and he's tired because he's also having part time studies. I'm tired too but I'll strive. I'll strive for our family, and I'll make sacrifices for my daughters. Even if he doesn't and he sticks to being his selfish old self. For the sake of the family's happiness, I'll do what I have to do, to be the tolerating wife and sacrificing mother. At least our family is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment