Thursday, October 1, 2015

Life changing

7 years ago, I made the life changing decision to quit my full-time job and join the teaching fraternity. NIE times were hectic but wonderful, while being on the job itself is challenging yet nothing less than splendid.

After spending a good 6 years in this school, today I received two letters that will change my life again.

(1) I'm promoted today.

(2) I'm posted to another school next year.

I'm leaving this school with mixed feelings. I had thought I'd stay here for many years. 10? Maybe 20?

This place is my comfort zone. I love my super nice and spacious staffroom cubicle, the comfy nursing room which I just wrote about here, the affordable yummy food that our canteen serves, and ultimately, my awesome peers at work. I can't bear to leave my cubicle, it's become my second home. I can't bear to leave the comfy nursing room, my favourite place in school. I can't bear to leave the canteen, the hot beehoon for breakfast and the 1-buck fresh fruit juices. I can't even bear to leave the school admin and the SOPs in place that I've grown to become very familiar with. Lastly, I can't bear to leave the people that I hang out with, whine with and laugh with, every working day. They are the ones that makes working here so much more bearable and makes this place my ultimate comfort zone. I love my close friends at work.

Now, I am leaving my comfort zone for more exposure and new opportunities. For better or for worse? That, I don't know yet. I'm scared, and I'm excited. And to be honest, my daughters are the reason I leave my comfort zone. This is a working mom's confession. It is the blinding love for my girls, the never-ending worries for their future, and the heavy responsibilities of being a mother, that made me make this very difficult decision. Otherwise I wouldn't leave the place I'm so comfy in right now. I wouldn't even think about it. 

As new chapters of my life unfolds - both at work and at home - with unknown challenges ahead and two lovely children to nurture, I sincerely wish that my life will only change for the better. And I'm looking forward to a better future with excitement and enthusiasm.

Goodness me, I'm already missing the cozy nursing room so much. I can't believe I only get to use it for slightly more than a couple of months. I must pump more each day at work, until the end of this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment