Saturday, October 10, 2015

Babywearing

Are you into babywearing? My first baby carrier is an Ergo baby carrier with insert, a gift set from my cousins in a versatile shade of maroon colour. I used it, my hubby uses it and my mum-in-law uses it too. I got my second one recently from www.fluffmail.com.sg~ It's a super pretty Lennylamb which is so delightful to use and soft to touch. Now I use it exclusively so I don't have to readjust the straps every time before going out. Being a super paranoid mum, I just couldn't bring myself to use wraps and slings. I'll be worrying endlessly about the wrappings and knottings and if baby's suffocating inside. Somehow, I feel more secure and much safer using a soft structured carrier (SSC). I'm glad I can use a SSC confidently and babywearing has made life so much easier for me, especially when I'm out and about alone with the baby.

I joined the Facebook group "Babywearing Singapore" to learn more about babywearing, but I'm still paranoid about using wraps and slings. In the group, I saw some mummies asking about babywearing with the baby facing forward in a SSC and I started pondering about it myself.

Personally I haven't tried forward facing and being a super paranoid mum, I just couldn't bring myself to. Simply because I need to be able to see my child's face and expressions. I see others wearing baby front-facing and I wondered if I'd try, but I'd keep worrying if baby's unhappy or feeling discomfort from the full frontal exposure of stimulus. If she's not feeling good, I wouldn't be able to tell and keep her secure. I very much prefer for her to have the option to sit up and look around or hide her face against my chest whenever she's tired or overwhelmed. Haha, I'm seriously a super paranoid mummy !

Here's some interesting babywearing tips that I saw in the group, just to share~

And here's me and my baby in our beautiful Lennylamb Luna - such a lovely rainbow carrier! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment