Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Just about today


Hee, I had an almost real conversation with baby today! Baby was sleeping on my tummy in the afternoon. I cleared my throat and she immediately looked up at me with her cute sleepy eyes. And I asked, "oops, was it very noisy?" And she promptly replied with a knowing "Mm" and went back to sleep. How cute!! I was so delighted with the short conversation with my little darling... it sounds almost like a real conversation!

I tried to let baby use the potty today. I saw that she was the "I want to poo" action as I was changing her wet nappy, so I took the potty and put her on top... she was quietly pushing for a while and then started wailing... heartbroken, I quickly settle her back onto the changing mat and wrap her little bum in her nappy, and immediately she pooped on the nappy... and it's time to change nappy again. (>_<)

Lastly, a little whining. This afternoon when I opened the door to dump a soiled nappy (baby pees and poos a lot a day) into the nappy laundry pail, baby started crying and MIL immediately went into my room and carried baby away. (-_-) She asked me if baby's hungry. I told her that I was latching baby halfway when she pooped and cried, so I changed her nappy... and she just said "oh baby drink enough already lah, let's go and play with grandpa." and brought baby over to PIL's room. I wasn't very willing for her to just bring baby away from me like that (and I don't like it when FIL "play"/"talk to" with baby) but I didn't want to be deemed the rude DIL who stopped PILs from playing with own grandchild... although they get to carry and play with her every morning and every evening/night. So even though I was really unhappy, I had to close one eye and keep it to myself.

Furthermore, I cannot understand why FIL can't just treat baby like a normal human being. He always likes to "talk to" baby in some irritating noises, like she's an animal or some idiot, and that totally pisses me off. And once again, close one eye. Urgh! Okay, I did tell them not to "ang-goo-goo" to baby and talk normal instead of baby talk... now I don't hear any "ang-goo-goo" but it's worse! He likes to "woo-ooo-ooo" to baby.  Is that even normal?! *rolls eyes* Did I do anything wrong? Should I have just let him "ang-goo-goo"? I'm tired of having to tell them what to do. I would just tell my own parents off, but these are not my parents. And living with my in-laws has been peaceful in these 4 years so far simply because (1) I appreciate what my MIL does for me and the family and (2) I close one eye as much as I can and try not to be fussy with them.

Many people start to have problem with in-laws after having kids. Now I totally understand why. I want my kid to be brought up MY WAY (hey I never interfere when YOU brought up YOUR kids!) but there's just so many individuals getting themselves involved in bringing up MY kid and if we couldn't see eye-to-eye it's just way too frustrating for me. Am I being too selfish to want things MY way? I don't think so. I'm just being a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment