Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Rant entry

Back to whine...

Last night FIL came back from his usual daily drinking session and asked if baby was asleep. I just came out of shower and told him no, baby's playing in the cot, and he immediately went to carry baby. But baby's playing quietly and falling asleep, so there's no need to carry her! In the end baby cried, and FIL rocked her so hard. :( I have told him off before and luckily MIL was on my side, but after drinking FIL obviously has forgotten. Rocking baby may cause damage to baby's soft little brain.

Then baby pooed and FIL kept repeating "poot poot" to her and called her "smelly" in mandarin. I don't like it when they call her "smelly". Yes, MIL also calls her that. She's not smelly and worse, sometimes they call her "rotten egg" in mandarin! I only associate "rotten egg" with horrible people such as wanted criminals! I hate it when people associate negative words to my baby. I feel that a baby should grow up in a positive environment and she did not do anything to deserve such names! So I have to undo the damage when I'm alone with her, telling her she's not "smelly" or "rotten egg"! If not they may grow up feeling that they have to fill in the 'expected roles' of being "smelly" and "rotten egg"! By then, the damage will be difficult to be undone!!

Regarding "poot poot", if you said it once... okay. Twice... okay. But do you have to keep repeating it? I want my baby's first words to be "mummy" and "daddy"... not "poot poot"!

Sigh... I can't complain much to anyone at home, that's why I'm here to rant and whine... only can open one eye and close one eye. Who ask me so stupid to love and marry someone who insists on living with the parents. Sigh sigh sigh! Only can 'psycho' baby everyday that she has to listen to only the good things, absorb only the positive vibes... most importantly, listen to mummy and love mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment