Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Thankful

It was my birthday over the weekend. My first birthday as a mother of two.

My hubby, best friends, my bro and his wife collaborated and threw me the most unexpected surprise birthday party ever. This is probably my best birthday celebration ever, in the company of love ones, my favourite cake,  fab songs and yummy food. I couldn't have asked for more. I'm really thankful.

Hubby brought us out for brunch at Rokeby Bistro before driving down to Nex where we went shopping. I was happily shopping when hubby said he needed to meet a friend, and brought us along to Partyworld. I almost wanted to suggest going Starbucks for teabreak.

My primary school friends, including my bestie, plus my bro and his wife were there in the room as we entered and threw me an unforgettable surprise party. There was my favourite carrot walnut cake from Cedele with Hello Kitty candles, all lit up, and the birthday song played on the sound system. The pleasant surprise overwhelmed me with joy and I shed a tear.

My friends were so cute as they narrated how they almost bumped into me several times in the mall and then had to turn around to avoid letting me see them. I was oblivious to all their plans and happily shopping away as they waited for me to arrive. One even messaged my hubby that they're gonna have lunch so if we bumped into them, just act surprised.

I have such fabulous sweethearts in my family and among my dear friends. I'm indeed very very blessed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment