Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Baby led weaning?

I didn't know what is baby led weaning (BLW) until recent few days. The mummies in my new mummies group started to talk about it. And in my old mummies group just mere 3 years ago, there was no mention of such thing and none of us were aware of such a practice. So I googled and read it up. Seriously, it's too new and un-established to me. Plus my toddler girl was weaned the normal way, so I'm gonna stick to the same way for my baby girl. Pure BLW is just too messy and intolerable (the mess on the baby, the amount of food waste, the mess everywhere else) to me. It'll never happen in my household. Plus, if we eat our food with our spoons, why shouldn't our babies?

While googling around for BLW, I found this blog, and this entry totally speaks my mind about BLW -
http://breastfeedingwithoutbs.blogspot.sg/2011/11/bullshitometer-baby-led-weaninggill.html

Added later: And I found another one that's at the same frequency as me... just to share!
http://hurrahforgin.com/2013/10/17/baby-led-weaning-a-little-rant/

No comments:

Post a Comment